Accounts Receivable Manager
4542 Knoxville Ave
Lakewood, CA 90713
Telephone: (562) 858-1214
Results oriented, Credit, Billing, and A/R professional with proven experience in leading teams of collectors, billing staff, and cash personnel. Background in credit, risk management, accounts receivable, cash forecasting, and banking functions. Expertise includes managing and developing policies and procedures, and all areas involving collections, billing systems, and large bulk mailings.
ICANN, Los Angeles, CA December 2015- March 2016
The Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers is a nonprofit organization that is responsible for coordinating the maintenance and methodologies of several databases, with unique identifiers related to the namespaces of the Internet and thereby, ensuring the network's stable and secure operation.
Short term contract position. Oversaw all billing processes for monthly, quarterly, and all off cycle billing. Assisted clients, and resolved billing and collection issues. Contracted consultant position.
- Developed policies, and procedures to improve work flow.
- Manage A/R email in box. Worked with staff to resolve customer issues.
- Managed the collection process.
- Ensured all payments posted to accounts .
- Reviewed all billing prior to sending
City Hall Water Utilities Dept , San Juan Capistrano, CA September 2015 - November 2015
Short term, contract assignment with the City of San Juan Capistrano. Worked in the position of AR Supervisor for the Water Utilities division. Responsible for staff supervision, billing, and customers service calls.
- Worked with customers on billing issues.
- Reviewed billing.
Athens Services, City of Industry, CA April 2009- September 2014
Regional Waste Service company, located in the City of Industry. Servicing over 250,000 customers. Residential, Commercial, and Landfill divisions.
Billing Manager AR Manager
Managed billing group. Oversaw production and mailing of all invoices, statements, and notices, along with special billing inserts for cities from Palos Verdes to Riverside.
- Implemented new high speed mail inserter, and other improvements to our billing department. Was able to reduce staff and production time for mailing billing and notices.
- Worked with USPS office to maintain our bulk mail and other mailing discounts.
- Worked with vendors to successfully set up new business rules and process monthly billing, late notices and other bulk mail pieces. Processed over 100,000 pieces per month
- Project lead on new roll out of operations software
- Managed A/R group. Cash applications, banking functions
- Handled high dollar invoicing for VIP customers.
- Project lead on new company wide operations system
Quinn Cat inc., City of Industry, CA September 2005 -March 2009
Large Caterpillar Dealership in California, covering areas from Salinas to San Juan Capistrano. Full service dealership, offering sales, rentals and service on all Caterpillar products.
Credit Manager AR Manager
Supervised both the Credit and Cash Applications departments. Responsible for collections, and timely posting of all payments.
- ·Accounts Receivable Manager. Ran and managed the day to day functions of payments, and applications of payments to customers accounts.
- ·Billing Manager. Oversaw invoicing of customers.
- Successfully moved all Cash processing from Central and Coastal California, to one location.
- Worked with merchant contacts at bank, and Computer Department to develop, test, and implement automated
Lock Box System. Allowed for quicker application of cash, and saved staff resources
- Lowered DSO from 50 days to 38 Days.
- Consistently was able to break DSO and Bad Debt goals every quarter.
- Meetings with Management, and Sr, Management to cover status of outstanding accounts.
- Insurance Broker for Caterpillar Dealership. Sold policies to cover purchases of equipment.
- Took on the responsibilities of overseeing all Insurance needs of the company. I received my Insurance Brokers
License to assist Quinn with more understanding of Insurance the industry, and became their in house broker Duties include, Certificates of Insurance, Insurance renewals, Bonds Renewals, and other Risk Management duties as needed by the company .
- Preparing the Secured and Unsecured property tax for company.
CR&R Incorporated, Stanton, CA November 2001 – September 2005 Waste hauling and Recycling Company providing service for over 500,000 customers in Orange County and Riverside County
Directly supervised and ran both the cash department and collections department. Responsible for collection of delinquent accounts, timely processing of payments, and the processing of statements, invoices, and late notices.
- Accounts Receivable Manager. Oversaw timely processing of payments
- Billing Manager. Worked with outside vendor to process and mail all statement and invoices.
- Set up auto pay program to allow customers to automatically pay by credit cards and checking accounts for their
Monthly bills. Designed authorization forms, and established policies to allow for this process.
- Launched and trained staff in all facilities how to process credit cards over an internet browser. Provided for
Timelier processing of payments.
- Converted over 10,000 paper payments to electronic format to allow for keyless posting. Worked with merchant
Bank to develop download program to allow for this process.
- Established and maintained credit policies for all divisions
- Never missed meeting quarterly numbers for percentage of delinquent accounts.
- Directly monitored and collected on high dollar accounts.
- Ran, balanced, and processed all invoices and statements.
The Orange County Register, Santa Ana, CA December 1999 - May 2001
A major regional newspaper in Southern California with sales in excess of $300 Million yearly.
Credit Manager / Cash Manager
Supervised staff of 6 collectors and 5 cash personnel. Duties included risk management of accounts, collections of delinquent accounts, and all cash and banking functions.
- Provided weekly cash forecasting and transferring of all excess funds to Freedom Corporate office. Allowing corporate to more effectively manage available cash to pay down current loans.
- Brought the DSO down from high of 63 day average to 46 days, by having collection staff and sales work at resolving problems for slow payment by customers.
- Developed and introduced new policies related to cash and collections functions, providing both structure and guidance for staff in Credit and Cash.
- Negotiated lower banking fees on credit card transactions, resulting in savings of $150,000 yearly.
- Introduced the use of “Funds Sweep Investment” on excess cash, resulting in additional annual revenue of approximately $120,000.
- Worked on team projects for introduction of new accounts receivable system and other upgrades to advance the department, increasing overall efficiency.
Specialized Testing Laboratory, Inc., Rancho Dominguez, CA July 1989 – December 1999
Clinical Medical Laboratory providing service to the Home Health industry.
Director of Accounts Receivable
Responsible for management of day-to-day operations of department. Supervised staff of 8, within bookkeeping, billing, and collections. Worked directly with clients, patients, and insurance companies to form relationships and resolve issues. Direct interaction with Controller, President, and CFO on various issues.
- Oversaw Medical billing for all clients serviced by company.
- Developed policy and procedures to collect outstanding debt. Resulted in lower bad debt write off and quicker recovery of past due balances, increasing cash flow by over 30%.
- Insured compliance with Government and Insurance Regulations as it pertained to the Medical Laboratory Industry. Avoided fines and other sanctions, by incorporating the appropriate regulations.
- Managed contract negotiations with PPO’s, HMO’s and Doctor/ Medical Groups. Ensured that full reimbursement was paid by plans as allowed by the contract.
- Set up and maintained phone system with integrated voice mail and phone security, ultimately protected against fraud and other issues that would have increased cost to company.
Los Angeles County Fire Department, Los Angeles, CA July 1979 to Present
Ocean Lifeguard (On-Call/ Recurrent)
- Performed ocean rescues, and various first aids.
California State University Long Beach
Long Beach, CA
Bachelor of Science in Business Administration with and emphasis on Marketing.
Certificate in International Business