MARK A. HAWKINS
11327 212th Street
Lakewood, CA 90715
Experienced electronic technician with over 17 years’ experience in building, testing, and calibrating manufactured parts and tools within automotive and dental industries. Skilled in coordinating production teams and implementing procedures to enhance production performance. Seeking to leverage background in quality assurance, inventory management, and assembly to take next step with a respected organization that values hard work and dedication.
areas of strength and expertise
MILLENNIUM DENTAL TECHNOLOGY, INC. – Cerritos, CA March 2010 to Present
Senior Technician, Periodontal Laser
- Study product and process documentation, parts lists and tools to assemble periodontal lasers.
- Build, wire, and calibrate lasers from chassis base to final product, and troubleshoot and test lasers to ensure compliance with required specifications; adjust test parameters to functional operating laser.
- Complete routine maintenance on laser units, and troubleshoot and maintain operational equipment.
- Document assembly-related inspection and test results, materials and parts, tools, and fixtures.
HITACHI AUTOMOTIVE – Torrance, CA July 2000 to August 2009
Technician, Technical Service and Quality Assurance (October 2007 – August 2009)
- Tested and analyzed returned warranty auto parts, including ECU, ETB, MAF, distributors, starters, and alternators, to identify and document source of malfunction.
- Compiled monthly warranty reports on failure findings to facilitate resolution of auto part errors.
Technician, Production (July 2000 – October 2007)
- Analyzed, troubleshot, and reprogramed ECUs, and soldered, unsoldered, and replaced malfunctioning components.
- Oversaw glass beating, testing, and assembly/disassembly of ECUs and distributors.
AMERICOM / SOLECTRON HPC WIRELESS – Cypress, CA April 1998 to July 2000
- Setup production workstations to optimize production workflows; selected and organized requisite production parts to enhance production efficiency and minimize delays.
- Tested and troubleshoot, refurbished wireless products.
- Trained new staff on production procedures, including testing, repairing, and refurbishing products.
- Managed inventories to ensure production needs were met; regularly audited inventory to maintain par levels.
MILIPORE / TYLAN GENERAL – Rancho Dominguez, CA March 1997 to September 1998
- Examined, calibrated, and setup mass flow controllers; ensured products complied with quality assurance standards.
- Used test equipment, including computers, volume meters, voltmeter, and oscilloscopes to make precise adjustments.
- Maintained Class 100 clean room and ISO9001 work environments.
- Coordinated product testing workflows and ensured documentation was complete and accurate.
Education and Training
Associate of Applied Science, Electronic Engineering, ITT Technical Institute, Carson, CA
SMT Soldering Certification